“You are your greatest asset. Put your time, effort and money into training, grooming, and encouraging your greatest asset.” - Tom Hopkins
Training is teaching, or developing in oneself or others, any skills and knowledge that relate to specific useful competences. Training is not just about developing people but helping them to become more confident and capable in their jobs as well as in their lives.
Aims and objectives:
The main aim value and importance of training and development of employees in terms of overall organisation performance.
- Determine how training can improve the skills of employees.
- Analyse published data/existing literature on human resource management and related subject areas.
- Identify training related issues such as environmental factors and their effect.
- Examine current organisational structure and working practises (such as procedures, policies, and standards followed by the company for its human resource/ workforce) in the company.
- Explore training methods available for the organisations
- Access the impact of training on workforce satisfaction.
- Summarize the main themes of the findings and place them in the context of business performance.
- Provide recommendations.